Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm a Sunny Sunday Rider

So far my most amazing Sunday ride was spent on my own. Just me and NInja, a hot summer's afternoon with temperatures rising into the mid 30s. I took off without a plan or a map and rode along the beaches, heading south. I ended up in a Nowra mall for a quick trip to the loo and a refreshing drink and and some geek got arrested right in front of me, whilst I was sipping my 'V'. The view was quite disturbing, as they used capsicum spray on the guy when he gave them a mouth-off and there was no love lost in the way he was being treated, handcuffed and his face pushed into the footpath. And that was in public!! Well, who knows what the whole story was...I only got to see the middle part.


So, refreshed and ready to tackle a little more asphalt, I turned off towards Kangaroo Valley. It was a real treat! The sun had bathed the rolling hills in its golden light and the tranquility was almost overwhelming. Just me and the warm wind in my face, grazing cows on golden valleys along the winding roads and the sound of my Ninja. I felt connected. I belonged in that landscape, I was grinning from ear to ear... I approached almost every corner with good judgement and took them with grace, not speed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

like the pic at the top of your page.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

aboriginal art
aboriginal art Counter