Saturday, August 05, 2006

Opportunity Missed
David Rugless (Buggles) rang to tell me that he too had bought a Kawasaki, but since it had to have an oil leak fixed, he would not be able to go for a ride at the moment. We made a tentative ride day in a couple of weeks. By then he had taken ill and passed away quite suddenly. It took us all by surprise and the shock and grief was terrible. I rode my bike to his funeral. His hearse passed the parked machine and came to its final destination a few meters later. That was the ride that never was. I owed him that. On my way out I wanted to rev the engine and give out a roar, but I almost choked on my own tears. We had not seen each other for so long and we were not to see each other ever again. Life can be so cruel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

aboriginal art
aboriginal art Counter